Connecticut Temps & Precip Graphs and More Graphs
By Ralph Fato on September 1, 2012, 5:17pm
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories.
Few weeks ago I wrote about August temp and Precip history for BDL & BDR. http://www.wxedge.com/articles/20120812august_tempprecip_history_bdlbdr
I made a comment back then for BDL "Perhaps we stay under 4" this year."... Close but we ended up with slightly more at 4.13"
Graph above is the monthly mean temperatures for BDR since 2000.
- We are now at 18 months in a row above normal. (A Record)
- The Highest positive departure since 2000 was in February 2012 at 23% above normal.
- The lowest negative departure since 2000 was in January 2004 at 27% below normal.
- Year 2000 we had 8 of the 12 months below normal. 2003 & 2009 we had 7 of the 12 months below normal.
Graph below is the monthly mean temperatures for BDL since 2000.
- Notice June 2012 we broke the above normal streak when we were at normal for the month
- We havent had a true below normal month since February 2011
- The Highest positive departure since 2000 was in January 2002 at 31.8% above normal.
- The lowest negative departure since 2000 was in January 2004 at 27.5% below normal.
- Since January 2010 there has only been 3 months where BDL was below normal. In the year 2000 there were only 2 months above normal.
Now lets include 2012 and go over the numbers since August is over.