Gas Safety Tips

3930 reads link

By United Illuminating on May 17, 2013, 2:00pm Last modified: May 17, 2013, 3:55pm

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories.

Next Article

Being knowledgeable about natural gas and electricity can save your life.

UIL Holdings and all of its operating companies, United illuminating, Southern Connecticut Gas, Connecticut Natural Gas and Berkshire Gas asks our customers to take time out and think about safety.

Here are some important things to remember:

  • Two of the more common detectable issues are presence of carbon monoxide, as well as gas leaks.
  • No matter how cold it is outside, never use your stove or oven as a space heater. A stove or oven used for heating can produce carbon monoxide (CO) if it’s not working properly or if it is inadequately vented.
  • Detectable signs of a gas leak are the recognizable rotten egg smell, a roaring, hissing, or whistling noise, and even a white cloud, or bubbles in standing water.
  • If you notice any of these signs move to a safe environment immediately; also, do not smoke, operate an electrical switch, or turn on any appliances.
  • Immediately call your gas provider and 911 for assistance.

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories.

Next Article

Share

comments powered by Disqus

United Illuminating

 

Reporting for WXedge since January 2013.

Articles: 67

United Illuminating's Bio

Become a WXedge become a contributor

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Have a question? A comment? A complaint? Our team is here to service your every need. Go ahead, let them have it.