Making Sense of Debby's Forecast
By Quincy Vagell on June 24, 2012, 3:30pm
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories.
As Debby wanders the Gulf, forecasters cannot agree on her next track.
- Earlier last week, WXedge meteorologists discussed the potential for Debby to develop, pass over Florida and then move up the East Coast.
- The National Hurricane Center (NHC) forecasted a track westward into Texas and some of the computer models showed the same thing.
- Yesterday, the models were all over the place.
- Today, the models still show much uncertainty, but the NHC has shifted their track eastward into Louisiana.
- A few models have been consistent and continue to show an eastward track into Florida and perhaps up the East Coast.
With a lot of uncertainty, let's take a look at some forecasts and what's going on...